 From: "j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:14 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Alabama - Gotta have them guns!

 IMO, anyone doing open carry to make a statement is a pitiful pencil-dick.
Sure, if you're a rancher in rural bear country, keeping a .45 strapped to your
waist is a damn good idea. But, if these urban open carry idiots had any
smarts, they'd be carrying concealed.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Another US news story to make Ann happy!

 Yes, so happy. What is interesting about this article is that it clarifies
something with regard to why "law abiding" citizens feel the need to carry guns
which is that they don't feel safe in their lives. The mention of the drug
dealers in this particular area points to the justification these people use to
want to openly carry weapons. So, a lack of faith in the ability of the police
to deal with or provide safety for the average citizen is apparent. But what is
so strange is that these people think by carrying a gun they are going to be
safe. All the gun toter is going to get for his trouble is to get hit by the
first bullet in a shoot out. No criminal is going to shoot the unarmed guy
first if there is a gun holder in the room. And look at this guy standing in
front of the target - all puffed up and "manly" 'cause he owns and shoots guns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/us/alabama-ruling-hobbles-ban-on-guns-in-the-open-at-polls.html?ref=us&_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/us/alabama-ruling-hobbles-ban-on-guns-in-the-open-at-polls.html?ref=us&_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/us/alabama-ruling-hobbles-ban-on-guns-in-the-open-at-polls.html?ref=us&_r=0

 Alabama Ruling Hobbles Ban on Guns in the Open at Polls After a sheriffs
association sought to ban unconcealed weapons, fearing they might frighten
voters, the state’s attorney general ruled that guns could be openly dis...

 View on www.nytimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/13/us/alabama-ruling-hobbles-ban-on-guns-in-the-open-at-polls.html?ref=us&_r=0
 Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]