--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> One point I took away, with endless descriptions of deep experience,
> with MMY commenting, night after night, month after month,  was
> labeling was not very important. People had good experience and he
> would say, "very good .. keep rounding". And that  enlightenment was
> never self-proclaimed. Therefore, at least to me, lots of
proclaiming,
> lots of labeling, lots of prouncments that THIS is the enlightenment
> experience, NOT that, all seem very non-MMY to me. It is people out
> doing their own thing, not part of what MMY taught.

That's been my impression, although I haven't been
around him personally.

<snip>
> For example, vaj's point, " Siddhi and mahasiddhi: before one
attains
> full realization  (mahasiddhi), one will often experience siddhis.
In
> the state of  realization, mahasiddhi, when can perform siddhis at
> will.", to me seems close to what MMY told us when he first gave out
> the siddhis. That performance of the siddhi's was the acid-test of
cc.
> (I know now some say he said UC, but I heard cc on the first sidhi's
> course, maybe he changed it later, maybe some didn't hear it
directly
> at all, but the exaggeration/rumor mill version of it evolved to
uc.)

FWIW, it was definitely UC when I took the TM-Sidhis
in 1984.  And I'm virtually positive in an issue I have
of Modern Science and Vedic Science, in a long article
on the TM-Sidhis, he is quoted as saying exactly that.
Unfortunately the issue is in storage.

<snip>
> think enlightenment is".  The point being, I and others are not hung
> up on expectations, personally having abandoned such, but simply
> pointing out what MMY said. Thus one can claim "Fred's
Enlightenment"
> and describe it anyway one likes, but you can't claim MMY's CC
without
> having the criteria he set out for it.

Exactly.