Share Long

soundofstillness, was it Blake who said something about it being better to kill
s babe in its cradle than nurse unacted desires? Obviously he wasn't tuned into
motherhood!
<

Something like that.

Was TM the inspiration for TM?

Every man has a vocation to be someone: in order to fulfill this vocation he
can only be one person: himself.

- Thomas Merton

ps. I had this 'insight' in this morning's meditation. A kind of 'selfie' small
'm'ahavakya.

When I began meditating I heard about the knower, process of knowing, object of
perception.

So the mantra was the object, transcending/settling was the process and if
there was no object and no process, that left the knower which we wouldn't
realize until we were thinking, "oh, there was no mantra and no thoughts."
Yippee!

I also heard that these three amigos could become one, which I couldn't quite
figure out, at least from my experience.

Then this morning I had this small 'r'ealization (of what I've experienced for
who knows how long) that the object of attention, the process of refining, and
awareness are one, all at the same time. One doesn't have to have no mantra or
nor thoughts to 'transcend' thought, much like a table and chairs don't have to
be removed from a room to realize the space.

Or something like that, I'm not explaining very well.

I suppose as MJ suggests, it's part of the TM mythos that different states have
different realities and different teachings.

But I can hear everyone reading this saying . . .

Geez, what took you so long!