On my TTC (circa 1976), we were given some "exceptions" to teaching people we suspected of having some psychological problems. One was the inability to form complete sentences (sorta like a meth freak). I think someone mentioned more later on.

In other forms of meditation it is not advised to meditate when one is 1) sick 2) tired or 3) one feels little can be gained from meditation. Other forms don't necessarily push a twice a day program either.