On 8/20/2014 5:36 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
This post was a great thing to wake up to! You nailed it pretty well - my favorite has to be:
"Repairing Your Car With Jyotish And Gemstones."

Non sequitur. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence. It has already been established that Barry does not own a car - he uses a bicycle to get around town or he rides a bus to his vacation spot.

*From:* "TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:54 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] part 3 (plus The Future Of FFL)

Ah, the Day In The Life saga continues...  :-)

I'm looking forward to finding out what life in The Colony is like, who runs it, and what the punishments are for transgressors. :-)

As an aside, all these glimpses into the illustrious virtual future of the TMO have left me wondering what the similar virtual future of FFL will be. I don't have to go as far into the future as Michael did for his musings because I suspect that within a year there will only be a few posters left, the others having long ago realized that watching paint dry was more entertaining. So here's what's left:

*Richard (Willytex) is still making 150-200 posts a week, even though no one ever reads or responds to them. He never notices.

* Rick is still posting notices about new interviewees on Batgap, but no one ever discusses anything any of them say, because no one really gives a shit about the "everyday enlightened." Everybody wants tales of the "flashy enlightened."

* Lawson is still searching for that definitive scientific study that proves that he didn't waste his life on TM, and is becoming a bit testy when people point out that this search is becoming even more a waste of life than TM was.

* Edg is largely silent after having been inducted into the Grumpy Old Man Hall Of Fame.

* Bhairitu no longer posts about conspiracy theories because he's not allowed to from Guantanamo.

* Jim is still trying to convince someone -- anyone -- that he's enlightened. And still without success. He's still living in a trailer park, but a different one because he tried that "I'm enlightened and you're not and that makes me better than you" routine on his neighbors in Chico and they laughed him out of town.

* Nabby is Missing In Action. No one has seen him or heard from him since the night he spent in a cornfield waiting for the Space Brothers, only to be buggered senseless by them.

* Share is still a blissninny. She recently attended a seminar entitled "Repairing Your Car With Jyotish And Gemstones."

* Salyavin and Anartaxius are still making sense and acting sane. No one pays any attention to them because where's the fun in that?

* Michael Jackson has turned his Day In The Life Of A TMer series into a best-selling series of books and an HBO TV series. He's now so rich that he's hired Steve as his PR person, because Steve always claimed to know Michael better than he knew himself, so he was perfect for the position.

* Judy never came back from her "summer off" because she realized that almost no one even noticed she was away. She now writes a column for a New Jersey website called "I'm Smarter Than You Are, And I Can Prove It." Last year the site got seven "hits" from readers.

* Ann is still making desperate "Pay attention to me" posts, just as she always did, even though everyone wrote her off as a needy little attention vampire years ago. Even Share ignores her.

* Barry still sits in cafes and writes, but doesn't post what he writes to FFL any more because the cafes are in the south of France and the women walking by are far too attractive and far too interesting for him to spend any of his time chatting with cult losers.

:-)