 On 8/20/2014 1:54 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

   Ah, the Day In The Life saga continues...  :-)

 I'm looking forward to finding out what life in The Colony is like, who runs
it, and what the punishments are for transgressors.  :-)

 As an aside, all these glimpses into the illustrious virtual future of the TMO
have left me wondering what the similar virtual future of FFL will be. I don't
have to go as far into the future as Michael did for his musings because I
suspect that within a year there will only be a few posters left, the others
having long ago realized that watching paint dry was more entertaining. So
here's what's left:

 *Richard (Willytex) is still making 150-200 posts a week, even though no one
ever reads or responds to them. He never notices.

 Now we know what Barry does on his vacations - he apparently reads FFL. Go
figure.

 Snippity snip

 * Barry still sits in cafes and writes, but doesn't post what he writes to FFL
any more because the cafes are in the south of France and the women walking by
are far too attractive and far too interesting for him to spend any of his time
chatting with cult losers.

 :-)

 This is particularly telling and is exactly as we predicted. No one is
stopping to ask the old guy at the table what he's doing or where he's from or
even glances his way.

 I get the uneasy feeling, sometimes, that just like Nicholson's character in,
"The Shining", if you quietly looked over Barry's shoulder, in the cafes he
frequents, at all his typing, his laptop screen would be an endless series of
screens, of the same statement:

 "All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL someday, :-) :-) :-)
 All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL some day, :-) :-) :-)
 All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL some day, :-) :-) :-)
 All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL some day, :-) :-) :-)
 All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL some day, :-) :-) :-)
 All work and no play, I'll get even with FFL some day, :-) :-) :-)
 ..."

    • Re: [Fairf... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]