Michael, dare I ask what your friend says about acupuncture or chiropractic? Or
will my alleged outrage singe the computer screens of the Funny Farm Lounge?

On Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:25 AM, "Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

One of my friends says that if homeopathy is real then he can go piss in the
ocean and his piss becomes the most powerful medicine of all since it will be
diluted to infinity.

As for Share's outrage, it was just a fun chart to post - as others here have
pointed out, when someone is so easily outraged over someone poking fun at
their sacred cows, well maybe better to take a second look inside, p'raps?

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Alternative Therapy

Michael, just in case you're not joking: it wasn't an accusation. It was a
direct question. And btw, some of the items on the chart are time honored
modalities, like homeopathy.

Sorry Share, "time honoured" means absolutely nothing at all. That people
continue to believe things doesn't actually count as evidence for efficacy.
They may have all sorts of reasons for supporting that which doesn't actually
work because there are lots of much better explanations for the apparent
occasional effectiveness, the placebo effect, reduction to the mean etc.

Homeopathy is 100% placebo and bedside manner, the concoctions do absolutely
nothing because they are absolutely nothing - by design. Maybe that counts as a
health "modality" in some circles but it isn't good enough for me.

On Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:59 AM, "Share Long sharelong60@...