Much as I love Sal's posts this is one I don't agree on - I use colloidal
silver from time to time and placebo or not, it is good stuff.

________________________________
 From: "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Alternative Therapy

I get the feeling that you are not joking.  That for whatever reason, you are
chalking this up to a placebo effect?
I mean, I've had this condition for twenty years.  I had really gotten used to
it.  I mentioned it in passing on FFL.  Ann offered to send me this 1 oz.
container of colloidal silver .  It arrived, I started putting it on, and one
day later the dead skin starts flaking off.  I continue to apply a small dab
twice a day, and the dry skin stays away, but the area remains red.

I start to get lazy, thinking that I don't really mind the red area, just happy
that the dry skin hasn't come back, but still putting the ointment on, whenever
I would remember, maybe a couple times a week.

Then, one day I notice that even the red spot was gone.

And according to you, it is a placebo effect?

I guess, for whatever reason, this incident, as I've described it, upends some
belief system you have.

Rather strange I'd say.

BTW, I just looked at the little container.  It is two thirds full.

All this from maybe 1/3 oz.

Think it was the placebo effect that took care of the psoriasis?  Damn, that
power of attention thing must be better than I thought.

The placebo effect has nothing to do with your conscious mind or attention.

Bot don't take it from me:

Placebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Placebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A placebo (/pləˈsiboʊ/ plə-SEE-boh; Latin placēbō, "I shall please"[2] from
placeō, "I please")[3][4] is a simulated or otherwise medically inef...
View on en.wikipedia.org    Preview by Yahoo

Whatever it was/is, or shall be, the psoriasis is gone.

Now, from a scientific pov, I can't say with absolute certainty that it was the
colloidal silver that was responsible, but the gradual improvement, and
eventual elimination of the psoriasis, did coincide exactly with the
application of the colloidal silver.  (-:

It's a placebo:

"Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in
liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the
early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s
following the development of safer and effective modern antibiotics.[9][10]
Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative
medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products
remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic
remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and
carry the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria and more
serious ones such as allergic reactions, and interactions with prescription
medications"

Medical uses of silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

   Medical uses of silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The medical uses of silver include its incorporation into wound dressings,
creams, and as an antibiotic coating on medical devices. While wound dressings
containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials may be used on external
infections,[1][2][3] there is ...
View on en.wikipedia.org    Preview by Yahoo