 Dang Richard, when can you come over for dinner.  You and the Rita. (-:

 On 9/3/2014 10:59 AM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

 Actually Richard, you are not in my top four of odious posters here so I can
live with you no matter how many times you feel it necessary to post here. I
don't get why you do it nor do I have the time or inclination to avalanche this
place like you do, but so be it... >
 That's a relief.

 Seriously, you have been so nice to me since Judy disappeared that I feel that
I owe you an explanation.

 First, a confession. My posts really are for the lurkers. My personal goal in
this is to post something, anything, that makes the forum look good to
outsiders if they should wander in here for whatever reason.

 Years ago, when the internet was just getting started (1994) I was surfing
around and ran across Usenet - discussion groups. At first I subscribed to a
site that discussed ISKCON, because I had been a participant in one of their
temples for about a year (3716 Watseka Ave in L.A.) and I was taken with their
devotion and depth of knowledge. Some members had started a news group
discussion on the internet and I started to read and lurk there for a few
weeks. I was very impressed with some of the topics discussed and the responses.

 Then I discovered alt.meditation.transcendental (now Google Groups) and so I
decided to join. What a disappointment! It was like a bar room brawl - Judy was
there and Barry and Lon P. Stacks (RIP) and they were thrashing it out with
that "Asshole Nick" (Andrew Skolnick) the science journalist. Judy did her best
to defend her position but for appearances the whole group was just an exercise
in futility - it was, and still is, a "cess-pool" of misinformation.

 So, I decided to post some of my own messages, not so much to prove anything,
but just to improve the look and feel. Anyone surfing there would have thought
TMers were all buffoons and gimcracks, for all appearances. So, I started
writing up some nifty essays with fancy subject lines, not so much to get
attention but to make the place look like a forum with useful and insightful
analysis.

 So, for years I posted my essays to AMT to try and make the forum look good. I
must have posted 8,000 essay from 1999 - 2003. I didn't get a response from
Judy for close to fours years to any of my cogent postings. And, only two from
Barry. Maybe they were JELLOS - I don't know. Then, they started spewing and
posting political propaganda, in what I thought was an attempt to make the site
look like a pile of crap and they tried to make the place look like a dung
heap. One day I disputed Judy's claim that George W. Bush was a "liar" and so I
posted a retort. That's about when it hit the fan!

 Ever since then she has hated my guts - nothing to do with TM or the mechanics
of consciousness - just hateful slander and personal attacks, all directed at
me. So, I either had to shut up or leave. But look, I've got an ego about as
big as Mt. Rushmore so I don't back down without a fight - never have and never
will. I am a military brat from Texas and I know everything about everything
and I'm living at the center of the universe.

 So, at some point several of us left the Google Groups and came over to Yahoo
Groups. Now it looks like this place going to shit too - there's no moderation,
nobody gives a crap, and nobody will stand up for the Maharishi. They aren't
even proud of their past. All they want to do is post fluff and drivel - you
can read it here every day. It's sometime just pathetic what some people will
post to the internet.

 So, now I've got a 26 inch screen, a screaming quad-core CPU and I can key in
test at 100 wpm - that's what I do for a living -make money. It's easy for me
to whip out a short post and hit Send. The real challenge is to write cogent,
on-topic essays that anyone would want to read. But, let's face it - there's
hardly anybody out there interested in TM, TMers or anything to do with
discussing the mechanics of consciousness. All some people want to do is wreck
the place and sound off. That's cool too.

 I don't take any of this seriously anymore - I'm here for the entertainment.
I've already written a book while they were posting one-liners that end on one
line and all begin with RE: But, it's true that I sometimes get caught up in
the conversation. Some people really do feel better when they have someone to
talk to. It's not personal. It's just like a video game. Some people like World
of Warcraft. To each his own. It keeps me at home and out of trouble. I'm on
Facebook too.

 So, I don't have a real formulated viewpoint or a goal - I believe in life;
what it does to you and what your do back. I'm already perfectly enlightened -
just trying to burn off a little karma before I go into that good night. Sure,
I do want to leave a legacy of some sort. These words are forever, or at least
until the vandals are at the gate and the servers go down.

 Selections from the Usenet Archives:
 Archives http://www.rwilliams.us/archives.htm

 http://www.rwilliams.us/archives.htm

 Archives http://www.rwilliams.us/archives.htm "jus b reg 2 x y med, ne alt
sans 3 guns, seps abs, n' eyes-wide shut; nodoze, no bear down, u enjoy."
(Wallah Sutra 1.5)

 View on www.rwilliams.us http://www.rwilliams.us/archives.htm
 Preview by Yahoo

 Nice one. I thank you for this informative and somewhat entertaining post. I
don't know how much of it is true but I don't care. Just like I don't care that
you do whatever you do on this forum because although you post a lot of volume
I can see you're having a good time with it and, frankly, I don't take offense
because most of it is rather benign. You seem to like to use repetition to wear
down your "opponent" but there is a pretty good dollop of humor in there as
well. I'm not quite sure why everyone is getting so crazed by it all but if
that is part of your intention then it is succeeding admirably.

          • ... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808
      • [Fairf... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]