On 9/3/2014 8:29 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Dang Richard, when can you come over for dinner.  You and the Rita. (-:

Thanks. I'll check with Rita. LoL!

On 9/3/2014 10:59 AM, awoelflebater@... <mailto:awoelflebater@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Actually Richard, you arenot in my top four of odious posters
    here so I can live with you no matter how many times you feel it
    necessary to post here. I don't get why you do it nor do I have
    the time or inclination to avalanche this place like you do, but
    so be it...

    That's a relief.

    Seriously, you have been so nice to me since Judy disappeared that
    I feel that I owe you an explanation.

    First, a confession. My posts really are for the lurkers. My
    personal goal in this is to post something, anything, that makes
    the forum look good to outsiders if they should wander in here for
    whatever reason.

    Years ago, when the internet was just getting started (1994) I was
    surfing around and ran across Usenet - discussion groups. At first
    I subscribed to a site that discussed ISKCON, because I had been a
    participant in one of their temples for about a year (3716 Watseka
    Ave in L.A.) and I was taken with their devotion and depth of
    knowledge. Some members had started a news group discussion on the
    internet and I started to read and lurk there for a few weeks. I
    was very impressed with some of the topics discussed and the

    Then I discovered alt.meditation.transcendental (now Google
    Groups) and so I decided to join. What a disappointment! It was
    like a bar room brawl - Judy was there and Barry and Lon P. Stacks
    (RIP) and they were thrashing it out with that "Asshole Nick"
    (Andrew Skolnick) the science journalist. Judy did her best to
    defend her position but for appearances the whole group was just
    an exercise in futility - it was, and still is, a "cess-pool" of
    misinformation.

    So, I decided to post some of my own messages, not so much to
    prove anything, but just to improve the look and feel. Anyone
    surfing there would have thought TMers were all buffoons and
    gimcracks, for all appearances. So, I started writing up some
    nifty essays with fancy subject lines, not so much to get
    attention but to make the place look like a forum with useful and
    insightful analysis.

    So, for years I posted my essays to AMT to try and make the forum
    look good. I must have posted 8,000 essay from 1999 - 2003. I
    didn't get a response from Judy for close to fours years to any of
    my cogent postings. And, only two from Barry. Maybe they were
    JELLOS - I don't know. Then, they started spewing and posting
    political propaganda, in what I thought was an attempt to make the
    site look like a pile of crap and they tried to make the place
    look like a dung heap. One day I disputed Judy's claim that George
    W. Bush was a "liar" and so I posted a retort. That's about when
    it hit the fan!

    Ever since then she has hated my guts - nothing to do with TM or
    the mechanics of consciousness - just hateful slander and personal
    attacks, all directed at me. So, I either had to shut up or leave.
    But look, I've got an ego about as big as Mt. Rushmore so I don't
    back down without a fight - never have and never will. I am a
    military brat from Texas and I know everything about everything
    and I'm living at the center of the universe.

    So, at some point several of us left the Google Groups and came
    over to Yahoo Groups. Now it looks like this place going to shit
    too - there's no moderation, nobody gives a crap, and nobody will
    stand up for the Maharishi. They aren't even proud of their past.
    All they want to do is post fluff and drivel - you can read it
    here every day. It's sometime just pathetic what some people will
    post to the internet.

    So, now I've got a 26 inch screen, a screaming quad-core CPU and I
    can key in test at 100 wpm - that's what I do for a living -make
    money. It's easy for me to whip out a short post and hit Send. The
    real challenge is to write cogent, on-topic essays that anyone
    would want to read. But, let's face it - there's hardly anybody
    out there interested in TM, TMers or anything to do with
    discussing the mechanics of consciousness. All some people want to
    do is wreck the place and sound off. That's cool too.

    I don't take any of this seriously anymore - I'm here for the
    entertainment. I've already written a book while they were posting
    one-liners that end on one line and all begin with RE: But, it's
    true that I sometimes get caught up in the conversation. Some
    people really do feel better when they have someone to talk to.
    It's not personal. It's just like a video game. Some people like
    World of Warcraft. To each his own. It keeps me at home and out of
    trouble. I'm on Facebook too.

    So, I don't have a real formulated viewpoint or a goal - /I
    believe in life; what it does to you and what your do back/. I'm
    already perfectly enlightened - just trying to burn off a little
    karma before I go into that good night. Sure, I do want to leave a
    legacy of some sort. These words are forever, or at least until
    the vandals are at the gate and the servers go down.

    Selections from the Usenet Archives:
    http://www.rwilliams.us/archives.htm

          • ... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808