Back in December, 1983, Maharishi arrived for the
"Taste of Utopia" Course.
That evening, the temperature in Fairfield plunged to about 15
degrees below zero;
The local press, made a big deal of all the meditators, standing
outside the dome, in the freezing temperatures, for a glimpse of
Maharishi.
I don't know what the crime rate was then,
But I know it was too damn cold to think about anything, besides
staying warm...