 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:13 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: MIU Promo Video 1981

 Dunno what it was like in 1981, but I went to MIU in '85 under a lot of
illusions that had been fostered by a siddha I knew in SC that had graduated
from MIU a few years before.

 He talked like it was an ashram that was also a modern university, spoke
glowingly of the forest academies and led me to believe that everyone was on
the program, no drugs, no fooling around, everyone was wholeheartedly a TM'er.

 What I saw and experienced was very different. People were running around
jumping into bed with each other at the drop of a hat. MSAE students were
smoking pot as were some of the MIU staff and students. The Palestinian kids
whose wealthy fathers had sent them to MIU from Sweden or Switzerland were out
of control partying and chasing women - some of them had off campus apartments
(which was against the rules for undergrads). I had a mighty education on the
real MIU mighty quick.

So, who and what are you blaming here? You're damned if your a TB and a bliss
ninny believing all that MMY has told you and in addition you're a cultist and,
apparently, brainwashed if you tow the line and act like a good TM'er studying
and meditating. But you're also damned if you jump into bed with members of the
opposite sex, smoke dope and generally act like a regular college student.
Either way, how is MIU to blame for how people act when they're free agents and
attending the school? What exactly is your point MJ?

 When George brought his wife to MIU for a Christmas time residence course and
WPA I asked him why he had told me the place was a meditators nirvana where
everyone pulled together for whatever Marshy told us was the greater good.

 He said "Well if you focus on those things, yeah. I was telling you how I
approached MIU when I was here. I was here to get a degree and to round."

      • [Fai... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
            • ... nablusoss1008
            • ... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]