 Salyavin, I must warn you: I once fell in love with a man who talked about
life's rich tapestry! And he was also from England! But 100% Irish. Anyway, I'm
glad you continue to practice TM. More proof that TMO is not a cult (-:

 Cool, what part of the emerald isle was he from? It's obviously hard to draw
conclusions about a country's citizens just from the ones I've met but I always
got on really well with the Irish when I was abroad. I'd end up working as I
travelled and there were always loads of ex-pats to hang around with.  Had much
fun and many hangovers!

 I can still fit in with the movement funnily enough, but the language freaks
me out and I'm very suspicious of how they talk to me as though they expect I
agree with the TM worldview. Which I don't, this is the main reason I had to
go. I felt like a Catholic working at a synagogue. But worse because I'm
basically an atheist sceptic and after a while other people's talk about
spiritual stuff makes me wince. So we are probably all happier with me on this
side of the fence but still meditating ;-)

 Talking of cults, I just had lunch with an old TM friend, they seem to be
plodding on with it all but nobody new seems to be joining the hardcore
movement. I don't know what puts them off these days, maybe the lot in Skem all
needed Marshy to inspire them to join up. Or maybe people just aren't as easily
fooled as I was, but I leapt at the chance to get more enlightened, it was a
natural progression. I can't believe newbies aren't having the sort experiences
they want to expand on. Maybe the alternative lifestyle isn't enough of a meme
to attract people in this sort of hard economic climate?

 On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:56 AM, salyavin808
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Salyavin, you are such delightful proof that the TMO is not a cult (-:

 It's funny you should say that, it was this course and all the things I saw
that convinced me I was in the wrong place! But wild experiences help one
forgive a lot of dubious beliefs and corrupt practises.

 I do miss going on courses though, but it's all changed from the old days of
tea on the lawn and a tape of Marshy droning to fall asleep to. The more I knew
about the TMO and it's belief system, the less I liked it, I'm just not
religious. Never any regrets though, it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

 On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:23 PM, salyavin808
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 TMSP for 9 hours a day! Yeah, I bet there were a few ups and downs...yeow.

  9 hours a day for a year I might add.... It made me the man I am today!

 Let's hope there is som kind of "Sea of God" also for atheists :-)

 Of course there is we just call it "sea of seratonin." Not as romantic or
catchy I admit ;-)

 yeah, it is all intent and experience. If someone has not yet drowned in the
sea of God, then the whole thing seems like bullshit, and some sort of
ultimately cruel joke and fuck TM. On the other hand...

 Delicious term though Jim, "drowned in a sea of God" sums up a lot of my
course experiences when I was doing TMSP for 9 hours a day. Chakratastic it
was. Some of the time, at others not so much...

 That's a distinction lost on the poor souls posting solely for boosting their
small, angry ego's.

 Once again, your lack of experience is showing. What Maharishi is talking
about when he says no trace of the individual remains, is that the individual
in isolation, in ego prison, seemingly cut off from the rest of the vast and
vibrant universe, no longer exists. It is not as if we actually dematerialize,
or lose our ability to continue to evolve. You have such little experience with
enlightenment, about two weeks of dirty witnessing,  for your  68 years, so you
would not be expected to understand what Maharishi was saying. He was speaking
to those at his level of consciousness; enlightened individuals who live the
experience, both of being individuals, carrying out their individual desires,
while at the same time, perfectly merged with the desires of the Universe. You
have quite a ways to go, before you will live the truth of what Maharishi has
said. Too bad you had to show us your lack of comprehension and experience,
regarding spiritual liberation, but it certainly is not the first time. I wish
you well, but you would be better served, keeping quiet about that which you
know so little about.

 OK, it was kinda inevitable that *somebody* would come along claiming to be
able to pass along Maharishi's messages from beyond the grave. I'm surprised
that it hasn't happened before now.

The thing I'm confused about is how anyone who claims to believe that *by his
own standards and according to his own teachings* Maharishi was enlightened
would be *interested* in hearing a message from him after death. Or how such a
person could even consider such a message a *possibility* if Maharishi was
really enlightened.

In being open to such a promised message possibly being for real, you would
have to believe that Maharishi was NEVER enlightened. If he was, *according to
his own teachings*, after an enlightened person dies, there can be no
individuality left to send such a message. "The drop has returned to the
ocean." That means there ain't no drop (or personality construct, or self)
known as Maharishi out there any more. Just ocean. Last I checked, oceans don't
send messages to guys in showers, including the shower guy's dead wife in on
the conference call. And if they do, they don't sign them, "Maharishi."

I heard Maharishi give the talks surrounding this point many times, and they
were often controversy-provoking, with people standing up to the microphone and
saying, "No, Maharishi, that *can't* be how it is, that if you die in CC there
is no more 'you' left and you never have a chance to attain GC or UC."

And *every time* someone did this, Maharishi would "correct" them and say, "No,
there is NO chance of individual personality continuing to exist after an
enlightened person dies. They are already Absolute, and when the relative body
falls away, all that is left is Absolute -- no personality, no self, nada. Game
over, man." OK, he didn't say "Game over, man," but he did pretty much say all
the rest, as many teachers here on this forum know.

And the thing is Jerry Jarvis knows this better than anyone. He perfected the
art of parroting Maharishi's talks on this subject, and I heard him give the
same speech many times -- "There is no individuality after an enlightened
person dies, and no possibility of one existing." So if Jerry has actually come
to believe that "messages" from Dead Maharishi could possibly exist, what does
that imply?

Well, as far as I can tell, it implies one of two things -- an either/or
situation. To believe that this George Hammond guy *has* actually received
messages from a Dead Maharishi, Jerry would have to believe that either 1)
Maharishi's teaching on this subject (which he had parroted many times) was
WRONG, or 2) that the teaching might be correct, but that means that Maharishi
was never enlightened.

If any of you out there are actually in touch with Jerry, ask him to resolve
this WTF quandary for me.

I mean, I could understand someone who has never spent any time around
Maharishi or never even met him (like Jim, Judy, or Lawson) not knowing what
Maharishi's teachings were about the impossibility of individuality after death
in CC. But Jerry? I've heard him parrot those teachings, and in that "I *know*
the Truth so you *really* should believe me" tone of voice he used to use in
lectures.

So if he is willing to entertain even the *possibility* that these "messages"
really come from a now-dead Maharishi who still has individuality, what does
that imply about what he (Jerry) now believes? Was the teaching wrong, or was
it right, and Maharishi just never enlightened?