Firstly, it was never completed as far as we know.  We do know MMY did some
translation sand commentarys of chapters 7-18 but we don't know which ones for
sure and they were never published. The missing chapters of MMY's Gita were
left in the hands of Charles Lutes and were mysteriously 'stolen' from him and
have disappeared, presumably at least one person knows where they are (if you
know let us all know).

 Secondly, and more importantly,  MMY never really unfolds the allegory that
the Bhagavad Gita IS. MMY suggests in his translation that when Krishna advised
Arjuna to "...rise and fight", it was talking about an actual war that occurred
in India in long gone days.  (Think about how silly that sounds, a dialogue on
an actual battlefield where Arjuna becomes self-realized and Krishna has a
class on Indian philosophy, really??)

 That is incorrect, Vyasa's classic only uses that historical reference loosely
to tell a more subtle esoteric battle, that is, the battle between good and
evil waged on the field (kurushetra) of the body, mind and soul. Understanding
the Sanskrit meanings of the words and characters in the script unfolds the
esoteric meaning, only a really intuitive realized soul can properly understand
Vyasa's meaning since Sanskrit words can have different meanings. MMY only
refers to this connection, BUT HE NEVER UNFOLDS IT!  Why? probably because he
had an *agenda* in writing the book and never intended to do a comprehensive
analysis of it.

 He also said if *time permitted*, (what, he was 93 when he died) in order to
do justice to the subject he'd have to do a commentary on the Gita in light of
ALL six systems of Indian philosophy (Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Sankhya, Yoga...etc.)
which would equal 24 commentaries.......it never happened! Which is Absurd, IMO.

 Thirdly, even though TM is not taught in the context of Religion, is used to
be! MMY said that TM is, I quote, "....the greatest blessing of the Vedas",
(The Vedas MMY) and that "all Religions come from the *eternal Religion* of the
Vedas". (MMY The Vedas).

 The TM technique may not be a Religion, and like a steering wheel may not be
called a car, it certainly is central to the functioning of a car. That is the
relationship of the TM technique to Religion.

 The advanced chapters of the Gita were too Religious sounding for MMY, IMHO.
For instance the title of Chapter 16v21 is, "The Threefold Gate of Hell", I
wonder why MMY didn't bless us with his commentary of this chapter...hummm?

  • [FairfieldLife]... wgm4u
    • [Fairfield... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... danfriedman2002
            • ... danfriedman2002