Kurukshetra War — 'The historicity of the Kurukshetra War is unclear.'

According to Wikipedia that battle, if it was fought at all, would have been
somewhere between 6000 BCE to 500 BCE. In a  novel you can mention historical
events to give a more realistic feel, and in religious apologetics, one can do
the same thing. For the purposes of 'spiritual guidance' one can create a
fictional setting in which to discuss various ideas. If the war actually took
place, the most widely accepted date is 10th century BCE or 950 BCE, according
to matching scanty archaeological evidence with things mentioned in the text. I
do not think they ever found any real evidence of a war. Considering the
supposed numbers of combatants, the lack of evidence is a point in favour of
its not having happened.

"the battle was an historical battle"

 By what proof other than your willingness to believe it as a part of your
larger need to be Marshy's patsy?