---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 1:30 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Good quote from Sam Harris' new book passed along
from a former FFL poster

 Xeno, although seemingly benign, is a bit of a plodder as well. While I
sometimes appreciate his level tone and reasonably civilized manner I find I
just can't figure out the static and bloodless manner in which he describes and
analyzes things. If his posts are anything like he is in person then he
resembles wallpaper more than a living, breathing creature. This post will
probably relegate me to the fluff folder in the future, I'm afraid. And I so
liked being the sole poster in the "Canada" file.

 No Ann, you will remain in the Canada folder. Ever see the 1956 movie Invasion
of the Body Snatchers, where duplicates of people, soulless and robotic ,
produced in strange, large, peapod-like incubators, replace the cast of
characters one by one. The pod people are in bliss all the time, but no
emotion. I am one of those. Beware of finding one of these pods on your
property.

'As each pod reaches full development, it assimilates the physical
characteristics, memories, and personalities of each sleeping person placed
near it; these duplicates are devoid of all human emotion.'

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1956-pods-600x300.jpg

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1956-pods-600x300.jpg

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1956-pods-600x300.jpg

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1956-pods-600x300.jpg

 View on basementrejects.com
http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-1956-pods-600x300.jpg
 Preview by Yahoo

 Sleep well.

 HA, HA. Thanks Xeno, you have pulled on your deepest resources for humor and
creativity here. I really appreciate it. And believe you me, I am so thankful I
can remain in the "Canada" folder for a while longer, you are indeed generous,
not to mention benevolent - it means a lot. And now I feel bad having called
you "wallpaper". After this post I do believe you are more like a fern, a
slow-waving harmless fern. Show me more, what else can you be?

 Oh, and yes, I have seen two versions of "The Body Snatchers". I love the B
and W version but the later one isn't too bad either. Superbly creepy in lots
of ways. I love B grade horror movies, especially B&W.

      • [Fai... jedi_sp...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Richard Williams pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLif... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLif... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]