 It has been quite a few years since bawee could nuzzle up to a big shot (its
kinda his 'thing'), and with Cockburn not sending him any backstage passes, it
looks like Harris is the lucky recipient of fanboy's over the top adulation. It
is embarrassing to watch, but fascinating too -

 "Girding our loins", now that is hilarious. Reminds me of some Charles Heston
movie. Of course, bawee and those who think like him (no one actually thinks
like him, but those who bother to listen to him and agree) are girders as well.
They just love getting their loins all girded in order to throw the same old,
same old at the rest of us - most of whom just watch, listen and laugh. What
does he think we do - fall into apoplexy when he criticizes cults or TM or
Maharishi? It is a sight to behold, loins and all.

 Do ya get the feeling, Barry's falling into a "Sam Harris sez" type pattern?

 I mean according to Barry, "half the internet" has read his book.

 sorta funny, I think

 bawee will idolize anyone he thinks is annoying those he dislikes. Right now
it appears to be Mr Harris.

 Great find, Geez.

 It's quite an experience watching this and listening to Maharishi and many
people I know personally, just after reading Sam Harris' new book. Bevan's so
insane it hurts to look at him.

 I love the Australian announcer's way of putting things...it's very dry and
witty and Sam Harris-like. For example, standing in front of the MUM sign with
the flying dome in the background, saying, "I mean...its surreal...students
here studying physics who believe they can *fly*."  :-)  :-)  :-)

 Rather than lashing out at this news report as we all know some True Believers
on this forum are girding their loins to do, I think they'd be better served by
actually listening to it again and paying attention. This is not a "hit job."
This is what rational people in the real world think of TM True Believers. And
they're right.

  • [FairfieldLif... geezerfr...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fai... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]