On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Xenophaneros Anartaxius
anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Yes, I always found the media presentations of the movement made me
> cringe. A complete lack of awareness of how ordinary people think, totally
> unslick.

*Maybe I'm not understanding what "media presentations" you're talking
about. It's pretty impressive to get your name mentioned in almost every
newspaper in the world and your picture on the cover of Post, Pageant, Time
magazine and your meditation technique mentioned in Science.*

> But then a strong belief system makes one unaware of other viewpoints.

*Maybe that's what prevents you from appreciating the genius of the MMY PR
machine: TM is now the most popular meditation technique in the history of
the yoga tradition. Go figure.*

> Below,

Non sequitur.

> how Pachelbel's Canon probably sounded at the time he wrote it, a much
> more sprightly piece than the modernised, romanticised version that is
> popular. It was originally followed by a Gigue (absent from the recording
> linked to here). It was originally written for three violins and continuo
> (bass instruments like violoncello, violone, harpsichord, therobo, as was
> available). As you compose, you might find this interesting.
>
> Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Musica Antiqua Köln)
> <http://youtu.be/MtZjROpBReM>
>

> [image: image] <http://youtu.be/MtZjROpBReM>
>

> Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Musica Antiqua Köln)
> <http://youtu.be/MtZjROpBReM>
> View on youtu.be <http://youtu.be/MtZjROpBReM>
> Preview by Yahoo
>

>   ------------------------------