The whole appeal of Facebook may have been that it allowed people who'd never
been part of a cult to do so. Heck, they can even turn themselves into a cult.
:-)

________________________________
 From: merudanda <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:15 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] look up look down

Look Up

'Look Up' - A spoken word film for an online generation. Subscribe for more
videos: http://bit.ly/Subscribe_to_Gary_Turk 'Look Up' is a...
View on www.youtube.com        Preview by Yahoo
Look Down ('Look Up' Parody)

       Look Down ('Look Up' Parody)
Spencer writes a poetic reply to the popular 'Look Up' video from Gary Turk
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY). Subscribe to...
View on www.youtube.com        Preview by Yahoo
“This media we call social is anything but /
when we open our computers and it’s our doors we shut.”
to be read on viral facebook

uses that dumbbell word-order inversion you employed when you were five and
write handmade Mother’s Day card.

Is it not a deeply anti-human claim dressed up as a warm and fuzzy appeal to
our deepest emotions? Like a often misunderstood but not substantially
different than Plato’s argument against literacy?
The central fact of our private life is that it’s your private life not for
sitting judgment about and the evidence that devices intelligently used add to
our personal experience is abundant.
Would our appreciation of fleeting memories be deeper if we had to trade in our
sound videos of family events for silent Super 8 cartridges with four minutes
of film?
Why not see that technology  may enhances our human existence...

being not on Facebook

because you cannot read my face
like a book..
and my library

has too many books and faces

not everybody wants to face

and resist googled-gogled-geckled facebooking