From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

Steve, I like what you're saying here which is that we don't yet know all the
laws governing gravity. And I think this is a very scientific attitude. I bet
we don't know all the laws about anything yet! Including how human bodies
obtain energy from their surroundings. Which kind of makes the future
fascinating to consider (-:

Sorry you wild wild things, I don't think there will be any surprises from
gravity and metabolism, I think we've got those pretty sussed - at least as far
as floating and not eating for 70 years is concerned LOL.

Happy to be persuaded otherwise by some evidence though.

Sal, I think that the way that thinking about these kinda things works is, "If
I can glom onto some vague anecdote and convince myself that *one* completely
impossible thing is possible, then I can continue to believe in all of the
other impossible things I want to be possible.

Otherwise known as "the appeal of miracles." :-)