I found the middle setting to work best though it gets me a lot of short videos of cars driving past. But then it also gets video of anyone walking by. I'm thinking of moving the camera later on. Of course these are stored on a micro-SD and when it runs out of memory just cycles. The biggest problem is we don't have inexpensive solar cameras yet as you still have to wire these cameras for power.