On 9/25/2014 9:05 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
It seems to me that the best thing you could do with "quitters" is to (dare I say it) QUIT reading them.

/For the record, Barry is the only informant that claims he doesn't read all the messages posted here./

I don't know about MJ and Salyavin, but I'm not here "selling" anything. I write for the fun of it, and to express my opinion. I don't much give a fuck whether you share my opinion or hate it, and I'm not trying to persuade you to share it. It's just an opinion...that and a buck-fifty will get you a bad cuppa Java at Starbucks.

I (again, I can't speak for MJ and Sal) am also never offended by anything said here. Amused, yes. Incredulous, yes. Offended, never.

In contrast, Buck, you and the others you're preaching your doctrine to seem to get offended a LOT. After all, you seem to spend the majority of your FFL time reading these people you consider not a part of your community, calling them names like "quitters," and complaining about them. In between saying how this is all because you pity them because they're just not as evolved and "special" as you are, of course.

Pardon me for suggesting it, but if you don't like the stuff we write here, wouldn't be a better use of your time and energy just to STOP READING THE STUFF WE WRITE?

Do less, accomplish more. Just sayin'...  :-)

*From:* "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:59 PM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Maharishi: When one starts TM, cruder values are replaced by finer values, speech is less sharp

Thanks You Pundit-sir, for defending the honour of all us transcendentalists left here on FFL.

In fact I have great empathy for both MJ and Turqb in their state. It does not follow though that I must see their POV's as 'valid expression of life'. I'd sit and drink strong coffee or whiskey with either of them down a Paradiso Cafe or Revelations if ever they were to visit Fairfield, Iowa; they have mindsets, we have shared experience with the TM movement and I understand where they are at but clearly the current range of their spiritual experience diverges from a larger spiritual validity of life that is our experience here in Fairfield. They simply are no longer part of our community. Quitters. That is pitiable. I can understand their POV though unlike Xenophaneros Anartaxius here I do not find their POV necessarily life supporting but pitiable at best. In empathy I feel for them a lot and that is the sweet truth,
-Buck in [meditating] Fairfield, Iowa

punditster...wrote :

MJ:

What a crock of nonsense. What a big load of baloney.

anartaxius@...> wrote :

EMPATHY: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. If you have empathy, then you ought to be able to understand and share the feelings by MJ and Turq, and see their point of view as a valid expression of life.

We understand that what MJ and Barry are posting is a crock of nonsense. It's not that we don't understand them, we just recognize them for what they are: sellers of nostrums and baloney claiming to know what's good for us and what we should think.

According to some posters here I have no feelings, so you can skip me. If you look at the universe at large, observing how it operates, it really does not seem to have feelings either, it just rolls on and on, steam-rolling everything in its path. As if it did not know what it was doing.

            'Empathy is the experience of understanding another
            person's condition from their perspective. You place
            yourself in their shoes and feel what they are feeling.
            Empathy is known to increase prosocial (helping)
            behaviors. While American culture might be socializing
            people into becoming more individualistic rather than
            empathic, research has uncovered the existence of "mirror
            neurons," which react to emotions expressed by others and
            then reproduce them.'

        Groups are notorious for lack of empathy when a member of the
        group begins to behave and believe differently from the
        collective norm.