 But why do you dismiss the idea of someone communicating in a "spiritual way"
to Maharishi but not to Maitreya?

 I don't, but I'm very, very particular about who I trust in that departement.
Actually there some claiming to have conversations with Maharishi on a personal
level, and that's fine. It's a personal thing, and when -fleetwood talks with
Guru Dev, it's beautiful and opens a huge field of possebilities for all of us.
What -fleetwood says is that they are all there and you can talk to them any
time you like. That's a beautiful and important message.

 But if someone makes big announcements about some very important message from
Maharishi I say thank you very much but Maharishi already made very important
announcements when in that body. Why not do what Maharishi asked you to do; be
self-refferral. Now, that's important !

 Once you are able to pull yourself together and stagger down to one of
Benjamin Creme's meetings in London you'll find something very different. No
sensationalism, no glamour, no: look at me, look at me. Instead you will find
an old english gentleman who has something extraordinary to tell to the world.
And yes, you can ask him anything, incuding silly questions that easily could
be answered by a quick Creme-Adamsky google search. He won't mind to answer any
question.

 BTW, did you ever sit in a private meeting with Maharishi and experience that
combination of humour and dead seriousness at the same time ?  Mr. Creme has
that too, they resemble each other in many ways. Do make an effort to go to one
of his lectures.

 A fine and considered response Nabby, I have every intention of going to meet
Benji Creme, it will be most fascinating, I haven't been to a night like that
for many years since I used to attend Fortean Times conventions. You'd meet
some characters there I can tell you, mostly sceptics like me but we must be
interested in the possibilities or we wouldn't bother going! I will post a
report when I can coincide a visit to the city with one of his lectures. Are
they well attended do you know?

 But I don't believe there is a life after death or that anyone could have
spoken to people from there if it did exist. It's too easy to explain by
people's wild imaginations and happy self delusion, we are great at things like
that and we know far more about other people than we think we do. Ask any
hypnotist, people make up amazing stories that they are personally utterly
convinced by absolutely instantly. The mind is an amazing place. Completely
unreliable though unfortunately. This guy who thinks he's in conversation with
Marshy is probably just talking to his inner idea of what Marshy is like - this
is grade school parapsychology - but the fact that a lot of TB's will share his
conviction that this sort of thing is some sort of real happening is what will
make it an interesting study. And the response from the TMO will undoubtably be
funny, maybe not to you though ;-)

 I definitely think there is a "guru" personality, that combination charm and
of being completely convinced in what ever nonsense you say helps to convince
others. A lot of people like to be led and if they are getting rare and
"powerful" knowledge into the bargain they'll stick around. I never liked
Marshy's lecturing style, all the rambling and repetition but it was the way
he'd portentously proclaim on subjects and give every impression that he
actually believed it was some sort of absolute truth that was his speciality.
If you sat and watched him without the filter of adulation it wasn't very
impressive. I think he was making it up as he went along, picking up any old
legend or Indian belief and repackaging it with his own stamp as though it's
all been revitalised back to some original perfection. An impressive life's
work for sure but I hope Mr Creme is more fun...

  • Re: [FairfieldL... nablusoss1008
    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808
        • Re... Duveyoung
        • Re... danfriedman2002