 Xeno,

 IMO, consciousness is the basis of the universe which created space and time.
Space and time did emerge out of the chaos of the early universe.

 Ask yourself where consciousness came from. Chaos? Or was it immune to the
chaos?

 However, there are some young scientists in the US and Canada who believe that
they can prove what happened before the universe was created.

 Michio Kaku believes that this can be done by analyzing the WMAP data and from
other instruments that are now measuring the energy output of the early
universe.

 This is the stuff I'm talking about. We will get some answers but don't be
disappointed if consciousness doesn't feature.

 We'll just have to wait and see what the results are of this scientific study.

 Ah, there's no getting round that....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 According to the current theories, time and space did not exist before the
universe. Space-time simply emerged. Therefore asking what happened before
makes no sense, because there was no time. And because space did not exist,
there was nowhere for what could not have happened before, to be. But beyond
that we have no idea.