From: "curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

Its Jerry's stamp of approval on this that is really generating such interest -
his affiliation is giving the Movement the heebie jeebies

M: True Dat! Much though the power structure hates it, Jerry was the voice of
sanity for a lot of us and so it isn't like Charley Lutes (may the Lord of the
universe, the local universe that is...rest his wacky soul) is supporting this
guy. So right on the heels of Maharishi's death bringing the movement together
and inviting guys like Jerry back to the fold, they have to turn around and
show him the door again! I would feel sorry for the guy but I think he is used
to it by now and has been thrown out of movements by a lot more impressive
dudes than John. (I'm talking to you pre-disembodied MMY!)

If he is now dismissing Jerry
as a crank too, what does this say about his faith in Maharishi's
masterhoodednessintudiment? If he couldn't put Jerry in a state beyond
being hoodwinked where does that leave the rank and file dozing in the
dome person? Kinda screwed I'd say. Treating Jerry like a drunk uncle
late on Thanksgiving night is a huge blow to the whole premise of the
thing.

I need to do some research in the archives about after Maharishi's death when
Beven and others were saying some crazy stuff about where Maharishi was now. I
think it would be interesting to spell out the movement beliefs about Maharishi
after death.

My memory (because I brought up the same WTF argument on FFL then that I did
more recently) is that Bevan went on and on about Maharishi being "in heaven
with all the angels" and/or said that he "was now the greatest saint among all
the saints in Brahmaloka." I brought it up at the time because during his
lifetime Maharishi had been quite clear that in his view there was *no
possibility* of personality or individuality existing after an enlightened
person dies. It struck me strange that here is one of his prime devotees
*ignoring* that teaching completely, and claiming that he was how "in heaven,"
individuality completely intact.

I'm gunna have to hold my own biases in check a bit and see if I can do justice
to something, which if true, would put a nice size 14 wingtip shoe up the ass
of my own perspective on how life works. But I can't pretend that my first
reaction is not to just assume that Jerry has been fooled as many before him by
a language form used by all good psychics that cleverly lets him fill in the
details and feel as if they have been revealed to him. And that doesn't mean
that George is being insincere either. They could both be in what the French
call a Fole a deux, the madness two people can generate together.(Think Kim and
Kanye)

My bet is that Jerry has been fooled by George's sincerity (he obviously
believes that he received such a "message") and by his (as you say) language
form when describing it. There is probably stuff in George's proposed "content"
of the "message" that appeals to him, too. But that's where I think the whole
schtick falls apart. Let's analyze George's "outline" for the "message" and
weigh it against what we know about Maharishi:

Maharishi’s Explanations of:
1) How two major spiritual traditions, the Vedic and the
Judeo-Christian-Islamic, developed over the last 5,000 years

OK, this is the first big "tell" that this is stuff that George *wanted* to
hear and so made up in his mind. It's the kind of stuff *he's* hung up on and
writes books about. But Maharishi has *never* been known to know much of
*anything* about the Judeo-Christian-Islamic traditions, and has only
embarrassed himself in the past when he tried to pretend such knowledge. As for
his "knowledge" of the Vedic tradition, I think it's fair to point out that
almost everything he's said about it being such a perfect age contradicts
pretty much everything ever said by scholars who have investigated the actual
Vedic era. It was a period in which wars were prevalent everywhere (and
constitute most of the content of "Vedic" literature), and in which the average
lifespan was about 33 years old. Hardly the "heaven on earth" MMY portrayed it
as. So I'm bettin' that the "message" will be completely, 100% made-up bullshit
from George's imagination, and have nothing
 whatsoever to do with anything MMY ever taught. That said, many TM TBs will
never notice, and will believe it anyway.

2) The many roles Maharishi played in those developments

Pure ego-pandering. Tell the rubes even more made-up stories about how
important Maharishi was in *past* history, because they already believe a ton
of bullshit about how important he was in recent history. That said, I can't
wait to hear George's tales of how Maharishi claims to have been the original
Burning Bush and to have walked on water beside Jesus. And I will be curious as
to whether Maharishi will be demanding from beyond the grave that these
religions he played such a role in founding be hereafter known as Maharishi™
Judaism,  Maharishi™
Christianity, and Maharishi™ Islam.  :-)

3) How his personality developed its characteristic traits over those millennia

This one will be interesting in my opinion primarily because of what George
will claim these "characteristic personality traits" ARE. For example, if we're
discussing his tendency to burp into the microphone during lectures, that's not
going to be all that revealing. If, on the other hand, Maharishi's "message"
reveals his preferences in women, and whether he prefers hairy pussies or the
new Brazilian look, it might get more interesting.

4) His unexpected spiritual crisis after his mahasamadhi on February 5, 2008

OK, we pretty much KNOW that this one came out of George's head and not from
Maharishi, because when has anyone here ever heard MMY talk about having a
"spiritual crisis" during his life? His whole ACT was pretending to always be
on top of things and to have everything all sussed out. Besides, how is this
"crisis" going to be presented? "Holy fuck, I'm dead. And I forgot to do
something important before I died!"

5) His successful resolution of that crisis with the help of his friends

My bet on this one is that Maharishi called upon various afterlife entities he
met in the Bardo and asked them to go back and tell Bevan to lose some fuckin'
weight, already.

6) The surprising conclusions he and his friends have reached to effect the
spiritual regeneration of the Movement created long ago for the benefit of the
human race

Yeah, like that's going to happen. "Well, it's like this, guys. I fucked up
last time, so now I have a NEW plan for how to spiritual regenerate my original
Spiritual Regeneration Movement."

Hearing these clear explanations should disintegrate many deeply embedded but
totally unnecessary fears

Primary among which is the fear of dying. Because if you buy all of this crap,
after the presentation of the "message" you'll believe that there is no such
thing as death, and if it happens to you, all you have to do is get in touch
with George and it'll be like you never died.

All in all, I look forward to the show. It will definitely be the most
entertaining thing the TM movement has done since trying to convince us to buy
Maharishi Vedic Honey by having grown women sing in little-girl voices as if
that was supposed to get us all hot. Maybe it got *Maharishi* hot, and that's
one of the characteristic personality traits he'll be talking about.
    • Re: [Fairf... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... danfriedman2002