/By my count, based on his online posted biography, Barry has spent thousands of dollars and decades of time working to promote or debunk various spiritual groups and individuals. At one point he was apparently a group leader of some repute and well known in cult circles around Portland, Oregon and Sante Fe, NM. His photo was once featured on the front page of a TMO publication about "Governors of the Age of Enlightenment" //and he has written a book about witnessing the Zen Master Rama levitate. Go figure.
//
//At some point he became a True Believer but then later, he got turned and did a 180 and went over to being anti-cult, probably working as a reporter for CAN.//

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_Awareness_Network
//
//We are not sure exactly how time he spent or how much money he was able to skim, or what happened to all the money. He doesn't seem to want to talk about it, probably due to the extreme cognitive dissonance. //Whatever, //it may make a good article for a science or psychology magazine article on trance-induction states and mind-control. /
/>