Mike,

 I've suspected that this is the kind of attitude that pervades most of the ISF
soldiers.  There is no sense of national identity.

 I was listening to an interview of a prominent Christian leader in Baghdad who
fears ISIS is nearing an attack on the city. He has about 32 Iraqi army body
guards. He asked one , what would he do if he saw ISIS coming at him and the
soldier said that he would discard his uniform and run. The clergyman asked why
he was a soldier if he wouldn't do his duty. The soldier replied that he just
needs the money, a job, inferring there was no sense of duty or patriotism. I'm
afraid this is typical of the Iraqi army. Wasn't this the norm during the first
and second Iraq wars?

 On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:48 AM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

   On 10/1/2014 1:56 AM, jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife] wrote:

 > An official stated it was accidental. But one wonders if it was
 > intentional or just incompetence. This also reveals a serious
 > weakness of the Iraqi security forces.

 According to what I've read, it's probably not uncommon for incidents
 like this to occur - supplies and ammunition dropped on the wrong
 target. Usually this kind of accident is due to human error and basic
 incompetence. Or, it could be the result of an ISIS sympathizer within
 the Iraqi Army. Or, it could be a sting operation with spiked ammo as a
 lure to determine the ISIS exact location.

 Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/2hxtzh/iraqi_air_force_accidentally_delivers_food_and/

 > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/isis-iraqi-air-force_n_5908864.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

        • Re... danfriedman2002