On 10/01/2014 09:54 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*From:* "Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:38 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Iraqi Air Force Delivers Supplies to ISIS

I was listening to an interview of a prominent Christian leader in Baghdad who fears ISIS is nearing an attack on the city. He has about 32 Iraqi army body guards. He asked one , what would he do if he saw ISIS coming at him and the soldier said that he would discard his uniform and run. The clergyman asked why he was a soldier if he wouldn't do his duty. The soldier replied that he just needs the money, a job, inferring there was no sense of duty or patriotism. I'm afraid this is typical of the Iraqi army. Wasn't this the norm during the first and second Iraq wars?

Shouldn't it have been the norm in all places and times? Think of the millions -- by now probably billions -- of people who wouldn't have been killed in this planet's numbnuts wars if the soldiers doing all the killing had just said, "Fuck this," and gone home.

However they also did this during the Gulf War. I don't think Saddam wanted a "strong" military as he probably feared they would overthrow him. He had his loyal secret police instead. I also don't think the US wanted a strong military there or they would overthrow the puppets we put in place. Maybe we should export some of our "cowboy cops" to Iraq who would make quick work of ISIS. And if ISIS really actually tried to do something in the US our "gun nuts" would make quick work of them.

        • [F... jedi_sp...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... danfriedman2002
            • ... danfriedman2002
        • Re... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]