--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After many years of following a primarily vegetarian diet I have
> blimped out with no end in sight. It's clear that the grains,
> startchy veggies, beans will keep packing the pounds on my
> already not small frame.

That was my experience as well. I hit my mid-30's and the weight
started packing on until I hit 190 pounds in the summer of 2003, at
age 42. Six months later, on a diet of meat and veggies and a tiny
fraction the grain and beans I used to eat, I was down to 160. A year
and a half of weight training has muscled me up to 175, and I've never
felt better. Lots of energy. Nice physique.

> Also, has anyone tried ostrich?

Ostrich and emu are delish... I think they look and taste quite
similar to beef. But, proper cooking is essential! They have very
little fat, and when overcooked, become tough as leather. Gotta at
least leave some pink in the middle (rare is best, IMO).

Alex