> From a friend of mine in Germany:

Nothing is
> missing.
>
> All the glory of this world is truth; all the misery of this world
is truth,
> too.
>
> Death, suffering, ageing, ignorance are also truth. The entire world
in all
> its phases of evolution is truth in the process of expression.
>
> "It is not necessary to give up this worldly life to gain the Kingdom of
> God.
> This world is itself the Kingdom of God."
> -Anasuya Devi-
>
> There is nothing that is wrong. Everything has its place. And
everything is
> working at it´s optimum.
>
> But we can only see and appreciate that when we are able to face
inner and
> outer reality without defence, without denial, without escape and
without
> rebellion against what is.
>
> Just stop searching and open your eyes or continue to search because
also
> this searching and seemingly not finding is also truth.
>
> Imagine: If you would start looking for your glases or contact lenses  -
> even though they are exactly there where they are supposed to be -
on your
> nose or already on your eyes - you would only delay the time to find
them.

> "You already have all the experience you need.
> You need not gather any more; rather you must go beyond experience.
> Whatever effort you make, whatever method (sadhana) you follow,
> will merely generate more experience, but will not take you beyond.
> Nor will reading books help you.
> They will enrich your mind,
> but the person you are will remain intact.
> If you expect any benefits from your search,
> material, mental or spiritual, you have missed the point.
> Truth gives no advantage.
> It gives you no higher status, no power over others,
> all you get is truth and freedom from the false."
> -Sri Nirsagadatta Maharaj-
>
> Enjoy the truth of the moment that is right now revealing itself to you.
>
> Peter

****
For me truth or truthfulness is more a process. It means finding out
or seeing what has been hidden, concealed. Close to this understanding
comes the Greek word "aletheia" = truth, exposing the concealed.

I don't like the concept "absolute truth". And I feel quite suspicious
about enlightened masters, who declare they have found it. At the very
minimum I consider their understanding to be quite limited, although I
don't doubt the authenticity of their experience.

For me truth means exposing distorted or limited notions in
both the inner and outer realities. It means also finding out aspects
and structures that so far have been hidden.
These hidden structures can be found both in the objective domain and
in the subjective and they can also be energies and emotions.

When something in the subject, "I", gets revealed it is moved form the
"I" to the realm of objects. The mind is something the "I" can look at
and therefore it belongs to the domain of objects.

The mind is not felt as an outer world. It is a new domain appearing
in humans, a self-consciousness, a recognition of inner functions and
structures, that the animals don't have. Also among humans there are
huge differences in how evolved and conscious this domain of the mind is.

Irmeli