\

> We appear to be talking two different things. I am referring to the
> disparity of rent and mortgage payments for the SAME property, the
> same exact house.
>
> On the other hand, sure, one may live in a multi-family apartment,
and
> decide to move to an new neighborhood, with a yard, probably better
> schools, more square footage, and sure, the mortgage payment will
be
> more than the rent. But the property is also much more
substantial.
> I am NOT referring to this.
>
> I am referring to the disparity of rent and mortgage payments for
the
> SAME property, the same exact house. That rents and mortgages would
> stay sharply diverged in equillibrium defies all economic logic and
> experience.  >>.

Oh, ok. All you are talking about is how one area becomes harder to
live in for the working people there. This happens in many places.
The Lake District in England is pretty much impossible for anyone
not on a fairly high income to live there now. They would have to
commute. Nothing new in this phenomena. Happens in US also. But it
is not an across the board National phenomena, and even in places
where it is a divergence it is not a s big as you say it is.