This is not the chicken little
> yk2 shit.  The agreement amongst scientist that this is the
greatest danger
> humanity has ever faced is universal>>>

Not true. This is typical mis-quoting. Scientists have said that it
COULD pose the greatest threat, IF it mutates,and then only IF it is
a strain that is effortlessly and easily spread from human to human,
and IF it is deadly in such a scenario. IF all these 4 hurdles are
met, THEN it COULD pose a big threat to society.

I bet your friend there WAS a true believer in Y2K disaster. I bet
he still has stocks of steamed rice and tinned garbonzo beans left
over from the stockpile he made before Y2k.

At worst the bird flu will make it faster to get through shopping
lines in the supermarket due to there being a few less old ladies
who will have moved on to better dimensions and higher worlds of
bliss.

OffWorld