________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

salyavin, I hope it's not too late but I'm not sure. Gaia might have to totally
implode, taking us all with her, and then regenerate herself. Cycle of
life..which may end up being just the bacteria, viruses and robots!

It'd be good if there's any robots left because at least we could programme
them to tell our story to any wandering aliens who happen upon our overheated
dump in a few centuries.

Nothing will change because of political short-termism and the "market's"
greed. We have to make a decision to survive and I don't see our leaders
stepping up to the plate as there's no votes in a shrinking economy.

The best we can hope for is that someone invents a free energy generator like a
nuclear fusion reactor, but getting funding is hard because the benefits are so
distant due to it being rather difficult. Or maybe everyone will embrace
alternative tech like wind and wave power but the majority in the UK don't want
it. I doubt the reality of global warming will sink in until it's too late...
  • [FairfieldLife] 37 Mi... nablusoss1008
    • Re: [FairfieldLi... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... salyavin808
        • Re: [Fai... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • Re: ... salyavin808