Brian and Alice have made some of the best science TV

 Yes, Alice Roberts is a relative newcomer but has already impressed me - she's
as sharp as a tack and obviously thinks for herself rather than following the
crowd.

 Re the clips shown: the Bronowski footage (at Auschwitz) was extraordinary.
I've never seen his Ascent of Man but I see it's now available on YouTube so
will catch it there.

 Although I'm not really a fan of Brian Cox, this BBC documentary (shown
tonight, in which he's joined by actor Brian Blessed and scientist Alice
Roberts) in which he plays clips of his TV idols from both science fiction and
science fact (Bronowski/Feynman/Sagan/etc) is both charming and engaging. If
the link I provide to the Beeb website doesn't work for US FFLifers I'm sure
the episode will be posted on YouTube shortly - just be patient and search for
"Brian Cox: Space, Time & Videotape" .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04kzmmk/brian-cox-space-time-videotape
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04kzmmk/brian-cox-space-time-videotape

 Loved it. It seemed to be over in a flash which is a good sign. I could watch
those two natter about stuff all day. I think that between them, Brian and
Alice have made some of the best science TV, I shudder to think what'll happen
if the BBC loses it's funding and has to compete in the market place and hit a
lower common denominator than at present.

 I think Brian must have been a genuine child prodigy to have understood James
Burke, I've got a couple of years on him and my brain died under the
intellectual onslaught of Burke's "Connections" series. They should repeat it.
In fact, there should be a channel devoted to old programmes like that. There
are plenty of channels showing old cop shows and crap comedy stuff. I might
start a campaign for more Burke, maybe I'll understand it this time. Or maybe
not...

 Update: Every episode of Connections is on Youtube so I can watch it later....