Lucid Dreaming and Witnessing Dreaming are generally considered to be two
different things.

 Even people who have never practiced TM but are interested in Lucid Dreaming
accept the distinction, or at least, the websites I have seen that discuss
Lucid Dreaming have a separate section where Witnessing Dreaming is discussed.

 The physiological correlates are entirely different: Witnessing Dreaming is
integration of the coherent alpha EEG found during TM with the dream state.
Lucid Dreaming is integration of the coherent gamma EEG found during other
meditation practices with the dream state.

 S3,

 Lucid dreaming is a result of your meditation practice.  It is the
manifestation of transcendental consciousness in the dreaming state.  MMY has
stated that TC can be automatically maintained in the waking, sleeping and
dreaming states.  But there are junctures in between these states where pure
consciousness exists--that is, the state of no thought.

 In this particular discussion, MMY asked a rhetorical question: what would
happen if a person can both maintain the waking and dreaming states at the same
time?  Personally, I don't know the answer.

 Also, IMO, dreams are influenced partially by the transit of the Moon as it
progresses through the various zodiacs on a nightly basis.  IOW, the Moon has a
magnetic effect on a person's brain, thus influencing various parts of the
brain that includes personality, memory and inherent personal behaviors.

 On a more esoteric levels, it through dreams that a person can get a personal
message from the unified field.  It is through dreams that one gets some subtle
insight into your past life karma, and possible events that will happen in the
future, both near and far.

 So last night I had a lucid experience while dreaming (it's happened a few
times before - always involuntary as I've never bothered to follow the
"techniques" recommended by devotees of this perception). At least I assume it
was a lucid-dream experience - I suppose one could have a normal dream which
included the false thought that one was lucid when in fact one wasn't (if you
can follow that explanation). What's more, I woke up (for real), mused about
the dream for a minute, then fell asleep again and immediately went back into
the same dream landscape in the same self-conscious, lucid state.

 Now I'd heard that when in a lucid dream you can alter the "dreamscape" to
suit yourself. So you might find it amusing to flip over into being a Zero
pilot on a kamikaze mission and diving into the Golden Dome in Fairfield.
Whatever floats your boat. Anyway, though I was lucidly self-aware that I was
indeed dreaming I couldn't change the story narration unfolding before me so
just left the dream to run its course while absorbing the novel experience.

 My question is: is there some trick to getting the dream to change to suit
your whim or is it a case of practice makes perfect? Or maybe most lucid dreams
are like mine? Or maybe my will power is feeble compared with my imaginative
power and others have a more dominant will?

 Anyone had a similar experience?