On 12/11/2014 3:47 PM, s3raphita wrote:

This is a physical world and I am conscious . . . how the illusion of the outer world is created is still a mystery

Errrr . . . so *is there* a physical world or is it an illusion?

/"For those well versed in the Vedaanta the world is like a city of Gaandharvas - an illusion."/ - Gaudapaada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudapada

*Dispelling Illusion - Gaudapada's Alatasanti*
by Douglas A. Fox
State University of New York Press, 1993

According to Sam Harris, /"there is no scientific evidence that consciousness exists in the physical world."/
/
/
This is a physical world and I am conscious. That rather puts the kibbosh on that idea.

I suspect that what we have here is a category error. Consciousness isn't a thing so you won't ever be able to remove it and dissect it. Consciousness is a process, and one that can be measured and predicted, even altered.

So to call this process a noun instead of an verb is your error and why it gets so confusing. How the illusion of the outer world is created is still a mystery though, but like all mysteries it is fathomable.
//