"And I think we all remember the was a certain former FFL member would react
every time someone would report a new experience here. Not *only* would he
report having had that same experience before, but he'd say that it was
something he *used* to have, back a few years, but that he'd outgrown it now. "

Yep, I know whom you mean. And exactly this has happened in the past, but then
this 'experience' I had is very real even now, and why should another person
not having had it. I'm actually glad that other people too had it, It's not
very common, but not so rare either. Regarding, how intense it is, and how
persistent is anyones guess, and how you actually interpret is, is yet another
story. So, right, I also dislike this one-upmanship that's so obvious.
Especially if you have gone at least 10 steps above the highest here usually
ennumerated SOC.

I once had a friend, who told me each time I met him, which initiation I had
just received. I don't remember where I was, when I last met him. Each time I
narrated an experience or a meeting with one master I had met, he would tell
me, it was an important initiation. I had experiences, but couldn't at all
relate to his story about initiations, and sure enough he would give me some
himself. Finally he became a guru himself, invented or rather cognized his own
system of transference of a new cosmic power, he just had discovered in the
fast universe in an actually very different galaxy.  He still has some
following, has written books etc. His system is a sort of spiritualized variant
of Reiki, he doesn't call it like this, but it sounds like it, definitely not
my calling.