The timely quote below just dropped into my inbox. It's an interesting idea
that the results of TM can't be judged by the behaviour of meditators- sounds
like a get out clause to me - but they then give a link to the claimed social
effects.
 Surely if TM has no discernable effect on the individual's behaviour then the
same thing scaled up via the alleged Maharishi Effect on brainwave coherence on
the social scale means we similarly shouldn't be able to tell if society is
behaving better with lots of people meditating.
 I certainly never have been able to tell, but the TMO does. What gives? Maybe
their lack of good evidence is proof that it is working after all.....

 MAHARISHI ON 'NOT JUDGING THE SUCCESS OF MEDITATION FROM THE BEHAVIOURS OF THE
PEOPLE':
 "...Many people have been telling me 'Oh how can that man behave like that
when he is meditating?' Remember, there are different levels of
‪#‎consciousness‬
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/consciousness?source=feed_text&story_id=10202607552864877.
 Meditation is equally dear and equally forceful and equally useful to every
level of consciousness. And for every behavior of a man there could be a
thousand angles to see.

 You look at the flower from this side, it looks like that. You look at
the same flower from the other side it looks like that.You look at it from
above, it looks different. You look at it from below, it looks
different. You can't charge the efficiency of meditation for a
particular behavior of a meditator. He would have one particular angle in his
mind, from that he goes ahead. You have a different angle of vision. You look
at it from a different point of view.
 Do not judge the success of ‪#‎meditation‬
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/meditation?source=feed_text&story_id=10202607552864877
 from the behaviors of the
people. Because there is no end to judging the behavior of others.
Just judge your own sphere of life, how much harmony has spread around you, how
much you are happier and how much you are peaceful and how much you are
harmonious with others." - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
 More info on the social benefits of TM: http://uk.tm.org/social-benefits
http://uk.tm.org/social-benefits

 http://uk.tm.org/social-benefits http://uk.tm.org/social-benefits How
transcendental meditation can have a calming effect on surrounding populations
and can positively affect social change.

 View on uk.tm.org http://uk.tm.org/social-benefits
 Preview by Yahoo