I like your logic, Turq, and agree with it:  That's a prevalent problem with
all fundamentalist religions and cults....as soon as one spells out "the truth"
in a limited set of dogmatic statements; there are most often errors that crop
up once the reader is boxed into such belief systems. ...
 Once boxed in, the flaws become more apparent and problematic over time; and
this could take centuries.
 For example, let's take Fundamentalist (Evangelical) Christianity. and mention
a few of the major premises:
 .
 1. You can only be "saved" as long as you accept Jesus as your Savior.  OK,
this one sounds rather simplistic and easy to follow but it boxes the believer
into concluding that if one does NOT accept Jesus as a Savior, there are
dreaded consequences:  namely you are doomed to Hell forever  This goes for
humanitarians and philanthropists who have helped countless people.  Such good
behavior means nothing insofar as evading Hell. (so they say).
 .
 On the other hand, the worst criminal supposedly can get into Heaven if in the
last few minutes of his life, accepts Jesus as Savior.
 .
 There's no way I can disprove such claims, but on the surface, such beliefs
appear to be illogical and counterintuitive, at least to me
 .
 Another dogmatic assertion by both Evangelicals and Catholics is that of
Atonement: that acceptance of Jesus as Savior immediately - then and there -
wipes out all of one's "sins".  Again, this can't be falsified, but I'd say it
defies logic and doesn't match reality.  Even if it did wipe out "sins"
(whatever that implies); it certainly doesn't wipe out the conquences of bad
karma.  That will probably follow you wherever you go, until it's somehow
eradicated or worked off. .
 s.