I've been in the arts all my life. I know *exactly* how to manipulate an audience. FOX News a joke in the US. They call their network "fair and balanced" which is a real laugh. It's old Rupert's pet project and fair removed from the way that the FOX entertainment outlets are run. FFL used to have an Emmy award winning editor posting. He mentioned that of the US TV networks that FOX was the easiest to work with. I recalled an Esquire interview with Rupert Murdoch published in the 1990s where they asked him about the content of his shows and he said he didn't care as long as they made money.

What Brand was doing was no different than a lot of news analysts have done critiquing FOX News. In fact there is a documentary about it called "OutFoxed!" by Robert Greenwald:

https://youtu.be/P74oHhU5MDk

There are even right wingers who dislike FOX News as being just an arm of the status quo.