Hi Sera,

most points agreed. I just got carried away a bit, because I found, whatever
little bits we saw in Russels piece from Fauxnews so outrageous, that I
couldn't believe there is a serious audience for it.

 Re "Sera, are you trying to say, that two evils cancel each other out?":

 No. I'm avoiding that cliche. But to avoid being taken in by bias it is an
excellent prophylactic to read a variety of sources with opposed takes on life.
There are certain takes that doubtless aren't worth wasting time on - Holocaust
deniers, flat-earthers and creationists, say - but most journalists preach to
the converted, those who share similar worldviews to themselves. There are
precious few writers with integrity. George Orwell is the gold standard.
Everybody respects Orwell regardless of whether they are on the left or the
right. The key was his commitment to truth and basic decency. If you ditch
"truth" and regard "persuasion" as your priority, or if you ditch "decency" and
regard "power" as your goal, you'll end up penning intellectual poison. The
antidote is then to read a biased writer on the opposite end of the spectrum. I
just wish there were more Orwells around!

 There's always a place for out-and-out polemicists with a satirical streak
(maybe Ann Coulter versus Michael Moore? I haven't got much time for either of
them to be honest). But you know where you are with them and can simply enjoy
the ride.

 I'm at a disadvantage here as I've never had the pleasure of watching Fox
News. From what I've heard it doesn't sound like I'm going to become a fan.
I'll take a look later at the documentary posted by Bhairitu, OutFoxed!

 Sera, are you trying to say, that two evils cancel each other out? No, you
don't, do you? I can't imagine any other convoluted sh*t of propaganda piece as
this one, and you don't want to even compare it to upright journalism, which
does exist. Russel is completely right to get outraged at this. The guy who
committed this mass murder 'extended' suicide, actually had his house only
about 30 kms from my place, I could have passed him by with the car easily. And
he was seriously sick, pipolar as it seems. This happens. He went to see many
doctors and wasn't poor by any means. He simply was mentally sick, not
religious, not islamic. He had issues with his girl friend and issues with his
career. We have non-stop TV coverage here, but I have never seen such a piece
of sh*t as this one from Fox News, that there are even half way sane people who
see this is unimaginable.

"The thing is, I always get twitchy when people attack one particular
organisation (not that I've ever seen Fox News). It's as if they imagine that
their own preferred source of propaganda is reliable and objective. Well, it
isn't. Here in the UK I always read The Spectator mag (right-wing) and The New
Statesman mag (left-wing) every week. That way both hemispheres of my brain are
balanced out."

      • Re: [Fairfie... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
        • Re: [Fai... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • Re: ... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]