Is interesting that American civil war reenacting did not really become much of
a hobby before the late 1960's or in to the 1970's. Culturally its seems that
it proly could not have happened as the Am. Civil War was generation-ly still
too close in time and too raw up to that time for some people's figuring out
their familial transference of their own ancestral causing or fighting of the
civil war. It is still rough for some.

 I heard it explained once in reference to the long history of central Europe
that it takes seven generations to clear from lands a bad blood of violence
between peoples.

 I know,I grew up with it. As one guy who was being asked about the Redneck
Shop in the town where I grew up, Laurens, SC said:

 "I thank the South was right back then (referring to the Civil War) and I
thank the South is right now today."

 In case anyone wonders what the Redneck Shop was, here is the Wikipedia entry.
Too bizarre, especially when you consider the ownership deal:

 Redneck Shop

 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 The Redneck Shop was a white nationalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalist and neo-Nazi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism clothing store in Laurens, South
Carolina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurens,_South_Carolina, which sold
T-shirts, bumper stickers, and Ku Klux Klan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan robes, among other things.

 The building also featured a "Klan Museum" in a back room. It was decorated
with posters of President Warren G. Harding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_G._Harding, whom some allege was a Klan
member, though many historians refute this.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-beacham-1[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-2

 Building ownership

 The shop was located in a downtown Laurens building that formerly housed the
Echo Theater. The building is currently owned by the Rev. David Kennedy, a
black http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American civil rights leader and
Baptist pastor. The shop has acquired a great deal of publicity due to this
unusual arrangement.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-horrors-3

 The building was formerly owned by Michael Burden, who was himself a Grand
Dragon in the Ku Klux Klan. However, Burden found himself impoverished
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty after leaving the KKK.

 Burden then approached Kennedy and apologized for his racist past, agreeing to
sell Kennedy the deed to the Redneck Shop with the provision that Burden would
be allowed to run the shop until his death. Kennedy accepted the deal.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-counton-4[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-horrors-3

 In 1996, a white man from West Columbia, South Carolina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Columbia,_South_Carolina, drove his van into
the Redneck Shop as a protest against the store's racism. Kennedy said that he
later told the man that, while he obviously does not agree with Howard's views,
he does not feel that violence is an appropriate response.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-counton-4[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-cbs-5
 As a meeting place for white supremacists In addition to selling merchandise,
the Redneck Shop had also been used as a meeting place for white supremacists;
in 2006, it was the headquarters for the Aryan Nations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations' World Congress. Also, in 2008,
neo-Nazi John Taylor Bowles
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Taylor_Bowles&action=edit&redlink=1
 utilized the building as the headquarters for his 2008 presidential
campaign.[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Shop#cite_note-counton-4