Oh, Goddamn, Edg.

 Please stop with the faux outrage.

 But, but, as you are, IMO, one of the most interesting people here, I can't
say I regret bring you back into the dialog with my mild barb.

 I mean, you realize this is one of the few times you have actually responded
to a post in about two years.

 But, in all honesty Edg, I think your post to Doug, holding him accountable
for the credentials of this scientist, was also, IMO, downright silly, and of
course an impossible thing to do, and might qualify as its own type of trolling.

 So, that's my take.

 Gotta get ready to go to work.

 Steve, You are labeling me as someone with stored up anger....."to whatever
degree"....and for a large part of my adult life.

This is an ad hominem -- in a public forum.

How so?

Quite simply I have not reported (here at FFL or elsewhere online) my inner
emotional states throughout my life with any detail such that a, what?, couch
psychiatrist?, can insinuate about my past or present or future emotional
states.....let alone present a logical assembly of my posts that would
demonstrate to a scientific prognosticator enough information for that
"decider" to say, "Oh, yeah, that kind of mind, piss on it, that anger just
clouds his judgment and it's just not worth dealing with this fuckwad."

Yet this is exactly the intent of your post.  You with no credentials are
asserting something untrue about me.
This is a foul accusation about me.  I protest to Doug.

Doug?  There are not enough facts in evidence that I am someone with stored up
anger -- which is merely code for "might blow at any minute."  My online
history is checkered with every manner of emotionalism, because I'm a writer
and give myself permission to be silly, satirical, rude, outrageous, poetic,
raw, real, fake OR WHATEVER.  To interpret who I am from my online posts would
require a PhD jury to authenticate some candidate's findings.  AS FUCKING IF.
This is an outrageous smear job by any decent minded regard.

Aaaaaaaaand, further, the question: "Does that make sense?" is clearly another
attempt to present the concept "Edg is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking
stupid, you have to treat him like child, and always double check what's going
on in that little noggin' of his."

It is this sort of tactic that everyone here understands for what it is:  plain
old trolling -- with a smirk that assumes there's denial ability to shield all
protests.  "What?  I never meant that. Why how dare you accuse me of having
such a low intent." -- like that. Like fucking that.  That's the tactic -- to
me, it's Gestapol shit.

Now, in the past, I would enter into a delightful tirade of withering
statements about you, personally, that would leave stains on your soul, but
DOUG IS WATCHING, so I won't.

But you have violated the intent and spirit of the guidelines -- IN MY OPINION,
and I call for Doug to arbitrate this issue and give us the benefit of his
wisdom -- here in the public forum where the "act" occurred. Let's see if you
have, indeed, befouled our pristine and new intent to be civil here, or if I'm
mistaken and, truly, everyone thinks I'm way over the top in my interpretation
of your below text.

 He's a moderator Edg, not responsible for vetting all the content that passes
through here in terms of its future efficacy.  Or present efficacy for that
matter.

 Nor is he a therapist to help you process whatever anger you have stored up
from what appears to be a large part of your adult life participating in this
movement.

 Does that make sense?

 So, Doug, are you personally vouching for this guy?  You're sure he's not
like, say, Harold Bloomfield?  Or Herbert Benson?  Or, any of the various
experts that have come into the movement spotlight and were never to be heard
from again?

There's lots and lots of ex-TM-heroes that are now scandalous zeroes, correct?
So what makes us trust this guy if credentials and charisma are so easily faked
that the TM Movment has repeatedly been fooled into honoring individuals who
then went on TO DISGRACE -- EVEN INCLUDING PRISON FOR HEINOUS CRIMES?

The TM Movement is DICTATORIALLY MUM about Girish's legal troubles in India,
and about all the past heroes now in ruins.  How is it, then, that you DARE TO
RISK YOUR PRECIOUS INTEGRITY by putting your imprimatur upon him?  Have you not
yourself been FOOLED into honoring the above mentioned zeroes and many others?
How has your ability to pick a hero improved?  How can we believe you with such
a track record -- even including ongoing crimes that are being hushed up and
NOT mentioned by you as you have mentioned this announcement?  Where is your
fair and balanced integrity as a reporter if you are not investigating what you
bring to us?

Seems to me that you need to shore up this ADVERTISEMENT with a personal
testimony that shows the depth of your scholarship in putting forth this
"doctor" as if he should be saluted.  And if you're merely passing along some
MUM promotional announcement, don't you think you're BOTHERING JUST ABOUT
EVERYONE ELSE HERE WITH SUCH AN OFFENSIVE OFFERING THAT HAS NO BASIS IN
RESEARCHED FACTS THAT HAVE BEEN ELSEWHERE DUPLICATED BY NON-MOVEMENT
SCIENTISTS?

Are you not, Sir, I ask you directly, trolling MOST of the minds here?

What say you?  What is your true intent to do this to us when we have so
vociferously and for A DECADE shown that we have only a wicked disdain for this
kind of information?

Pony up, Dude.  Be real.

 Om by the way, I went to the lecture and it was really a fine and fair
synthesis of material. When you step back the lecture is a charting to what
evidently is coming as the future fusion of allopathic and wholistic medicine
anyway.

 Trained as a Medical Doctor, a career-long research scientist with a long list
of active funded research, a long record of published work, and a senior
faculty member of MUM he is quite well qualified enough to lecture on topics of
the health of the mind and body, which synthesized becomes psychiatry as the
mind relates to cardiology, the heart. The implications are cross-discipline
great.

 “One’s state of mental health is as important a risk factor for heart disease
as high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes,” said Dr. Schneider, dean of
the Maharishi College of Perfect Health.

 Lecture on 'Vedic Psychiatry'..
 416339Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: FF Mental Health Alliance: Shifting Cultural
Attitudes
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/416339

 MJ, FFL being categorized with Yahoo-groups as a spiritual group one would
hope that people could come in here and express their own spiritual experience
without the harassing suppression of threats being made against them.
  You seem to have some parochial way in threatening people here by 'slap'.
Would pushing the 'moderate' button over your membership status here better
provide safe space for spiritual people to come forward on FFL with their
experiences? For instance I should think it valuable to also have Robert
Schneider or someone from his office come on here and express their feelings in
conversation here, without threat of abuse. Threat exampled within FFL post
#416341 as what evidently was a slurring rant and an invasion of someone's
privacy, using FFL as a vehicle.

 And let's face it, if I came on like gangbusters here and touted my spiritual
experiences, the mob would tear my descriptions asunder.....as has been done to
every single person who has come here to report suchlike.

 I am only aware of Brother Jim aka Dr. Dumbass - who else claimed spiritual
awareness/awakening/enlightenment and received a stout thrashing as a result?