I highly doubt that the commercial interests are going to take this lying down. They'll probably sue and try to take it to the Supreme Court. But for the moment it stops my sport of being rude to or playing with the minds of the telemarketers who call. Just because I have a phone doesn't mean they have the right to interrupt whatever I'm doing to try to sell me something I'll never buy. They were just wasting their time.

I was about to use the little line that some have added to their voicemail message like "sorry I missed your call unless your are a telemarketer then I'm delighted to have missed your call!"