Turq is an HBO fanboy. Doesn't cost him anything because he likes the thrill of stealing it off Pirate Bay. He gets all jazzed up when there is a new season of a show. Me, I think HBO is overpriced especially what some of the cable companies charge for it. Granted I had it for two years as "free" but I know damn well that was just a Comcast scheme to keep me around and HBO still got their money. I've seen spreadsheets on how much the cable networks actually cost the providers. Pennies, literally pennies with the most expensive being the sports networks.

"True Detective" is a series where the showrunner writes all the scripts and directs them himself. The first season was exceptional and hopefully this one will be good too. The guy wrote the first season like it was one big long movie and avoid the trite formula many showrunner use which is often six acts with a cliffhanger at the end of each episode. Nothing really new. The six act thing began when the networks wanted to have six ad breaks in an hour show. Usually TV shows were two acts (commercials stuck wherever) of antecedent (problem arises) act one and then consequence (solve problem) act two formula.

It's funny that HBO since "True Blood" has been labeling shows starting with "True". I wonder what marketing psychologist told them that was a great idea?