thanks Curtis.

 I'm still voting for the current status quo, though.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 There is something slippery going on here. Judy, who is the first to make a
stink about the context of a quote when it serves her own purposes has clipped
out this paragraph of Barry's from the thread context, dishonestly making it
look like Barry said this in a vacuum.

The context was Buck continuing to make a case that criticizing David Lynch was
a violation of the Yahoo guidelines. This quote was contained in a plea to Rick
to remove an obviously highly biased moderator who was gunning to kick Barry
off. (Which then actually happened.) Here is the more complete thread giving
Buck's absurd accusations and Barry's response. To me it looks like a rational
response to lunacy. I will put Buck's first so his apologists can take a crack
at explaining how this is a reasonable position to take concerning calling
David Lynch an idiot.

BUCK:
 Additionally, “Exploitative or degrading comments are not welcome in Groups.”
 “..and don't invade other people's privacy.”
 The dragging of someone in to an unrelated thread as a means to slur them
using FFL, a yahoo-group..
 Whoa, for instance DLynch as a practitioner of TM worked with Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi quite a lot on the teaching of TM quite evidently for good reasons and
quite evidently Lynch knew well enough the scope of the 'what for and why' he
was there. Quite evidently Turqb here is actively trying to slur and degrade
DLynch personally by jumping in to this thread with an unqualified non sequitur
posting publicly using [ 'exploitative' ] a Yahoo-group [FFL].
 Now in a choice of moderation Turqb can go back in and delete this posting of
his post haste and protect his membership status here or will this be left to
the FFL moderators to go in and do it? The choice is Turq's. -JaiGuruYou

Barry:

 This has really become too sad to get involved with.

 Rick, please do something to help Doug -- like removing him from his position
as moderator. The responsibility and the genuine impossibility of the task have
clearly caused him to become mentally ill.

 It was entertaining for a while when he was just embarrassing himself. But now
he's embarrassing the whole forum.

 Moderator or not, Doug is now officially back on my Troll List. I will no
longer bother to read anything he says or reply to anything he posts. Like our
recently departed member, he no longer exists. By acting this crazy, he has
effectively -- and ironically -- deleted himself.

[...]

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jamesalan735@...> wrote :

 The responses below are some of the least rational, internally most
contradictory responses that I have come across here. How the writer
(apparently) considers these to constitute even a remotely coherent argument
(and fails to see his responses as a complete surrender of moral principle to
"I choose to believe and do whatever suits my desired ends") is beyond me.

 But this from Turq is fine with you, eh, JamesAlan?

 "Moderator or not, Doug is now officially back on my Troll List. I will no
longer bother to read anything he says or reply to anything he posts. Like our
recently departed member, he no longer exists. By acting this crazy, he has
effectively -- and ironically -- deleted himself."

 Actually, I didn't find Steve's responses irrational, internally
contradictory, incoherent, or a surrender of moral principle.

 But perhaps you'd be willing to go into some detail and cite examples of these
purported flaws to enlighten the less intellectually capable among us.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Me: Whenever I lurked in the last few months I would see you responding to
Barry. You spent time doing this. It was your choice. What you wrote about
someone putting a the bum's rush on ideas is a weird statement that hands the
power of your own mind and intellectual boundaries over to someone else here.

 S:Curtis, my buttons can get pushed, and do get pushed every day.  I venture
to say that this is no different than anyone.  Set aside for a moment the more
technical definition of a "bully" and go with the definition of a "bully" we
grew up with.  I will take a stand against a bully whether it is a physical
bully, or an intellectual bully.  And when the bully states that he does  what
he does to make people uncomfortable, then I am not able to stand by and
tolerate that.  If this means I have lost my intellecual integrity, then I have
done so.

I have taken as much fire from as many people as anyone here Steve. I was able
to choose whose criticism I would respond to. I am curious why you feel unable
to make this choice yourself and why you would let anyone's other opinion on a
topic give your  ideas the bum's rush? When you and I disagree, we have a civil
discussion like this one. If Barry didn't treat you that way then why did you
respond to him so much? I think I know. Same reason I interact with people I
don't agree with, because it is a great writing prompt for uncovering our own
ideas in writing to people we disagree with.  I didn't do this with the last R
because he was not capable of discussion. But with the other two I did for the
same reasons you did with Barry I'll bet.

 S: Of course there was not discussion with Barry, as I was on his DNR list.
It was strictly an antagonistic one way relationship, with me finding fault
with what I felt were his lies and misrepresentations and trolling for
reactions.

All three R's rode my jock for legions of posts. None of them deserved to get
booted because they went after everything I wrote with their idiotic personal
attacks. None of them gave any of my ideas the bums' rush. They mostly just
proved my point with their behavior.

Buck has violated the trust of this place by being dishonest and if you were
being honest you would just admit that your personal position on Barry has
distorted your sense of right and wrong on this issue. Moderators need to give
reasons for booting people, not lie about it and blame it on other people. And
if as a group we don't buy the reason, Rick should be informed that his
moderator is not running the site as the free though forum it was intended to
be.

 S: Yes, I own up to the fact that I am happy to see him go.  And if Doug
booted him for less than a bootable reason, I will compromise my standards in
this regard for what I think is a greater good. But the reality is that I
think, the means justify the ends in this case.

 In other words, there are exceptions for every rule, and I embrace this
exception.

 And when what goes around, comes around in this regard, I hope I'll be ready.

Barry didn't need to be a weatherman to see which way the wind was blowing.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 snip

And the people who didn't like the person look the other way and say,"let's
move along and not be negative."

And the people who have seen this all before and know where it leads stand up
and speak out. Then one of two things happen. Maharishi visits the course and
kicks out the power-grabbing guru wanna-be for abusing his power,

or the other voices get quelled one by one. Time will tell.

 And I notice that Dougy is still not responding to Curtis' request for an
explanation to Turq's getting the boot - ignoring what needs to be addressed
and blabbering about a bunch of other stuff is spot on TMO behavior.