> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Is this some obsure form of humor? Being that virtually all of
> > > MMY's secretaries have been male. Are you suggesting that MMY
> > > has has numerous homosexual relations? How bizzare that this is
> > > how you interpret what rick has said -- a number of times. Or
> > > as I asked, it some obsure form of humor I am missing?
> >
> > Is this not an example of a "gotcha"?
>
> Not in my book.
>
> Debate as focussed on ideas. If there is some incorrect fact or
> logic, or one disagrees with presumptions of the poster, its all
> fine and good to present another view. Or to question what the
> poster meant.
>
> Gotcha posts are focussed on showing that the poster is dumb,
> perverse, a rogue, and liar, and/or a hypocrite - and the post
> focuses on these qualities, often repeatededly, and not the issues
> raised in the post. And a sense of vengence, vindictiveness and /
> or retribution often bubbles to the surface in Gotcha posts.

You're talking about *tone*, then.  That's pretty
subjective.

> As in your recent gotcha of Vaj.

But you saw nothing vindictive in Vaj's post that
I was commenting on, right?  He wrote:

"Truth is there is too much interest in the 'gotcha games' or just
generic 'games' for this to stop. It's an old, old pattern. It's
clear to me, if many posts actually represented stabs at finding
truth or honest inquiry, we'd see some posts which weren't set
ups. Of course there are times when there might be a bone thrown
to keep obsessive chatter goin'. Gotta keep that linear flow.
Heaven forbid context branches or expands or morphs or shifts!"

> Frankly, I was confused by spraigs post above and in seeking some
> balance may have gone too far in focusing on Spraig, "How bizzare
> that this is how you interpret what rick has said -- a number of
> times." In a re-writing I would leave that line out.

Well, OK, but that was your first impulse, to suggest
that what he said was "perverse."

And in an earlier post you said I seemed "incoherent"
and went on to suggest that I was "steeped in spite,
hate and retribution."

Now, speaking of the subjectivity of evaluation of
tone, you could take what I just wrote as a "gotcha,"
OR you could take it as a request for clarification
of your views on appropriate behavior, given that you
*appear* to be displaying the very behavior you're
railing against.

But perhaps this is some obscure form of humor that
I am missing?