On 07/06/2015 04:32 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Re "Would like to try meditating there though - nice and quiet when you get to an isolated spot.":

I take it you can do the full lotus posture. I never got beyond the sitting-in-a-chair stage. Do you have to be able to do the cross-legged bit to qualify as a teacher of TM?
*
No. However the real purpose of many of the yoga asanas is to prepare one to sit in either half-lotus or full lotus.*

I see there's a book showing how to master the position.

Re the fall-out from the Greek fiasco: I'd wager serious money that it ends up with the Fed having to supply lines of credit to Europe! Another Marshall Plan and we'll see if Europe's politicians can get it right this time around . . .

How could you do TMSP on the beach? Inflatable life raft or some such?

LOL, no this was long before my life as a TMer. Would like to try meditating there though - nice and quiet when you get to an isolated spot. The trouble with sitting still on a beach is that insects find you, there are some mighty big and fast spiders out there, not conducive to deep relaxation.

What we need is one of these:

Could go yogic flying down the beach, that'd raise some eyebrows!