Me:
Protecting people who post from asshole trolls with bad intentions, and letting
adults express themselves the way they want. I hope it is back at the original
FFL site because of the legacy of all we have put into this place.

 It's funny because that is exactly how I feel about FFL now. Aren't people
just so interesting how they can see something in such very different ways? I
mean it, this just never fails to fascinate me.

M: I guess my comment only makes sense in context of what Alex has done with
with people who are trying to get at people in the real world on the Freer
site. He is erring on the side of thoughtful caution to promote an environment
for free speech. Sure people say things that may hurt other's feelings. He is
not going after that. He is taking out people who are going  beyond that. And
even though I love Edg as a brother, I thought Alex's correction of his
hyperbole about stalking Buck in he real world was a good call as he clarified
what Edg really meant. He is providing actual safety without curtailing free
speech.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 The proper context of my comment is in the paragraph below. If Judy was a
professional editor of people's words I would have to call her on a completely
dishonest presentation of my meaning in the paragraph I wrote.
Since she cannot be held to such a high standard, perhaps her presenting what I
wrote in a completely different context by her addition of the word "just"
without the surrounding context can just be chalked up to being unfamiliar with
how native English speakers use the following words:

From the paragraph she refers to:
ME:
First he tried to make it appear as if there was a justification for removing
his enemy by contriving a fey interpretation of the guidelines and pinning it
on an idiotic example, criticism of Lynch. This was a classic new-to-power
rookie mistake. In his eagerness to assert his personal agenda he miscalculated
how transparent his agenda would be if he used an obviously bogus excuse. So
backing off of that he switched to a lie, that Rick was the driving force and
he was just a servant. Anyone can verify this was a deliberate lie with an
email to the list owner. I did, and it turned out to be a fabrication.

Here is how Judy summarizes my meaning:

(Curtis characterized Doug's initial objection to the Lynch post as just "a
typical rookie mistake.")

ME: It couldn't be a deliberate misrepresentation to my intention in nailing
Buck for the rookie mistake of attempting a transparent miscalculation of how
transparent his "move" would be to others, right?

Judy you are slipping. YOUR move is the actual rookie mistake. And you are not
a rookie so I have to go with some other explanation.

I find the two FFL groups completely exhausting in a way one FFL group was not.
High five to Alex for moderating in a sane manor. When the dust settles there
will only be one FFL for me. The one that is moderated the way he is doing it:
Protecting people who post from asshole trolls with bad intentions, and letting
adults express themselves the way they want. I hope it is back at the original
FFL site because of the legacy of all we have put into this place.

 It's funny because that is exactly how I feel about FFL now. Aren't people
just so interesting how they can see something in such very different ways? I
mean it, this just never fails to fascinate me.

Alex has it right, Buck has it wrong.

 CORRECTION: Over on FFL2, Barry swears hysterically that he didn't say he
would never read FFL posts. I thought he had; if not, my apologies. If he did
say it and is lying now, I'll allow him to get away with it, because I sure
ain't gonna go trawling through his FFL2 posts looking for the one in which he
said it.

 Needless to say, he didn't acknowledge or retract any of the false accusations
I noted below...

 UPDATE: Although Barry has insisted he will never read FFL posts, in fact he
is doing exactly that. This morning he quoted my post to JR in which I noted
that Doug had kicked out Barry, Xeno, and MJ not because they were critical of
the TMO, but because of their defiant incivility.

 Barry insists I was "mind-reading" because, according to him, Doug never said
why they were bounced; Barry claims even Rick and Alex don't know.

 Au contraire, Pierre. Doug was explicit as to why he threw out Xeno and MJ:

 And according to Alex, "...I think full disclosure is in order. In Turq's
case, the reason is apparent, but it has not been disclosed if this is just a
temporary time-out or permanent...." (Italics added.)

 I agree, the reason Barry was expelled is not just apparent but obvious. It
wasn't his post about David Lynch, because Doug never deleted it, apparently
having rethought that issue. (Curtis characterized Doug's initial objection to
the Lynch post as just "a typical rookie mistake.")

 I've said a couple of times now that it was Barry's open defiance of Doug--his
declaration that he was going to ignore anything Doug said--that got him
bounced, along with many instances of incivility (calling Doug "insane," among
other insults). Even if Doug wasn't counting transgressions that took place
before he was appointed moderator, Barry committed more than enough of them
after Doug's appointment to warrant his being thrown off the forum.

 There really is no mystery at all as to why Barry was kicked out, IMHO. No
"mind-reading" necessary, only Barry's posts and a little common sense. Whether
one approves in principle or not, Doug has just been doing his job as
designated by Rick.

 FYI, this morning and afternoon Barry, Sal2, salyavin, Michael, and Xeno have
been busy cobbling together an alternate version of reality that will
presumably enable them to feel better about themselves. The different, er,
perspective is quite remarkable.

            • [Fairf... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
            • [Fairf... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
            • [Fairf... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]