 Now, that is a question worthy of consideration.

 I find it hard to be a strict evolutionist.

 I tend to believe there has been some kind of intervention, somewhere along
the way, or at various times.

 I agree. Scientists see only part of the picture and there is a whole schwack
of mystery out there. Did you see the post Nabby made at The Peak? About that
man who can withstand fire and lives on milk and one banana per day? Those who
discount anything that can't be proven via science simply lack courage and
imagination.

 But a more serious objection to Darwin's natural selection hypothesis
(beautifully simple and powerful as the idea is) than weird monsters from our
prehistoric past is the prevalence of homosexuality (in humans if not our
animal cousins).

 How can behaviour that is sterile possibly have evolved according to a theory
that claims Nature favours acts that increase an organism's chances of sexual
reproduction? Anyone want to attempt an answer?

 A gay man or woman is walking, talking proof that natural selection is either
wrong or (more likely) radically incomplete as an explanation of how we got to
be the way we are.

 Survival of the fittest?

 This is what the original looked like of that fossil just found in China (the
Zhenyuanlong suni - a cousin of the better known Velociraptor).

 But it couldn't fly so those wings are surely (as the tired old cliché has it)
about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest.

 Let's see those neo-Darwinians explain this one!

 Hmm, maybe they were originally for keeping warm and became useful for
catching insects or mating displays. Or maybe they just helped it run faster?

 Feathers are deformed scales so they must have had some sort of advantage
early on or they wouldn't have got very far. Don't suppose you'd accept
enhanced cuteness as an explanation?

 If I had a time machine this is the sort of problem I would work on...

 http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h

 http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h

 http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h

 View on tinyurl.com http://tinyurl.com/p8kf48h